www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Opening of the First BridgePrint Page Print this page

28-February-2021
28-February-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates the opening of the first bridge at this location in October 1876.

Location

Address:River Terrace, , Redhill, 5521
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.536448
Long: 138.222763
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Technology
Sub-Theme:Industry
Actual Event Start Date:19-October-1876
Actual Event End Date:19-October-1876
Link:

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 5th March, 1988
Front Inscription

This plaque commemorates the opening of the first bridge on this site on Oct. 19 - 1876.

Of wooden construction, it was washed away in 1908, & replaced with the present steel structure.

Only the stone abutments of the original bridge remain.

Erected during the Bicentennial Celebrations
March 5th and 6th 1988.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design