www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Frank GarthPrint Page Print this page

08-April-2019
08-April-2019

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The Frank Garth Reserve commemorates Frank Garth for his service in the management of the Ovens and King Rivers. 

He was Commissioner of the Ovens River Improvement Trust from 1954 to 1977, and Commissioner of the Ovens and King River Trust from 1997 to 1983.

 

Location

Address:Wangaratta Road, Frank Garth Reserve , Wangaratta, 3677
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.353355
Long: 146.330461
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Park
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Government - Local

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Wednesday 4th June, 1997
Approx. Monument Dedication Date:
Front Inscription

Plaque :

Frank Garth Reserve 

This Reserve is named in recognition of the outstanding service given by the late Frank Garth to the management of the Ovens and King Rivers. 

Frrank Garth, as represenative of the Borough and then the City of Wangarrata, was a commissioner of the Ovens River Improvement Trust from its beginning in 1954 and a commissioner of the successor body, the Ovens and King River Trust, from 1997 to 1983. The Trust records of the 10th May 1983 record a minute of appreciation in recognition of twenty-nine (29) years of dedicated, valuable and sincere service provided by Commissioner Garth.

This plaque was unveiled by Dr Warren Garrett, former Chairman of Commissioners of the Rural City of Wangaratta and nephew of the late Frank Garth on the 4th June, 1997.

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design