www.monumentaustralia.org.au

George BrownPrint Page Print this page

18-December-2019
18-December-2019

Photographs supplied by Peter F Williams

The lych gate was erected in memory of George Brown who donated the land for the church. 

Some very generous gifts have been presented to St. Luke's Church of England, and a dedication service will be held on Saturday, August 16; at 2 p.m. The ceremony will be performed by the Very Rev. A. E. Talbot, Dean of Sydney. The gifts to be blessed are an Oak Font Cover, the gift of the family of the late George Osborne, of Foxlow, Bungendore; a Dwarf Brick Wall, the gift of Miss Isabella Griffin, of Kemba Grange, to the memory of her mother and father and her sister Charlotte; a Litch Gate, the gift of Miss M. J. S. Ledger, of Waverley, to the memory of the late George Brown, the donor of the present Church Grounds. It is expected that representatives of the donors of the gifts will be present at the service. The cost of the memorials all told is over £300.
Illawarra Mercury (Wollongong, NSW), 8 August 1930.

 

Location

Address:Prince Edward Drive, St Luke`s Anglican Church , Brownsville, 2530
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.483144
Long: 150.803698
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Gates
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Community

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 16th August, 1930
Right Side Inscription

These Memorial Gates
  Presented By
Miss M. J. S. Ledger.
To The Memory Of
GEORGE BROWN.
- The Donor Of These Church Lands.-
  And His Family.
    "God Is Love" 
Aug.                    1930. 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design