Logan River CrossingPrint Page Print this page

Logan River Crossing Plaque
Logan River Crossing Plaque

Photographs supplied by Diane Watson / John Huth
A monument commemorates the crossing of the Logan River by the first European explorers to the area. 


Address:Mount Lindesay Highway, Tully Memorial Park, North Maclean, 4280
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.784599
Long: 153.011521
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Landscape


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 23rd July, 1978
Front Inscription

To Commemorate Crossing Of The Logan River
       By The First Explorers
    To Traverse This Area

Captain Patrick Logan who discovered the river mouth in 1826 crossed near this point in July 1827 to reach Brisbane after finding the Fassifern Valley and the Logan head waters at Mt. Barney on a walking expedition from Ipswich.

July 1828 explorers, Logan Cunningham, Fraser crossed near the same place and followed the Logan River upstream.  On this trip Logan became the first man to climb Mt. Barney

Donated by Douglas Jolly
July, 1978                          Beaudesert Shire Council

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design