www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Gordon Public School Centenary Print Page Print this page

06-February-2019
06-February-2019

Photographs supplied by Peter Williams
The plaque commemorates the centenary of the Gordon Public School which was established in 1871. Between 1871 and 1885 the school was known as the Lane Cove School.

In 1988 an additional plaque, giving details of the school, was added as a bicentennial project.

Location

Address:799 Pacific Highway, Gordon Library, former school building, Gordon, 2072
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.753724
Long: 151.151974
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Actual Event Start Date:1871
Actual Event End Date:1971

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1971
Front Inscription

Plaque:
CENTENARY
1871 - 1971
THE HON.A.H.JAGO M.L.A.
MINISTER FOR HEALTH
OFFICIALLY UNVEILED THIS PLAQUE TO COMMEMORATE THE CENTENARY OF PUBLIC EDUCATION AT GORDON PUBLIC SCHOOL
THE HON. C.B.CUTLER ED, MLA
Deputy Premier and Minister
For Education And Science
D.J.A. VERCO MA, Dip Ed
Director-General of Education
G.Bell Principal


Plaque: 
                            Australia
                              1788-1988

                  Gordon Public School
Gordon Public School, formerly known as Lane Cove
Public School was built in 1876 following the 
establishment of earlier church and private schools.
It is the oldest school building in Ku-Ring-Gai. 
This plaque has been erected as a Bicentennial
Project funded by the Australian Bicentennial
Authority and Ku -ring-gai Municial Council 1988


 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design