www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Zion Lutheran ChurchPrint Page Print this page

16-September-2021
16-September-2021

Photographs supplied by Maureen Aquila

The cairn commemorates Zion Lutheran Church which functioned from 1875 to 1960.

The Zion Lutheran Church started services in 1871 with the church opening in 1875. It split into two congregations in 1884 with St. Johns church built in 1885. With the amalgamation of Lutheran Churches in 1956 Zion Lutheran closed in 1960. The Zion Church was demolished in 1981 but the cemetery remains.
.

Location

Address:Black Springs Road, Robertstown Cemetery, Robertstown, 5381
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.985595
Long: 139.0759226
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:
Approx. Event Start Date:1875
Actual Event End Date:
Approx. Event End Date:1960

Dedication

Front Inscription

This cairn is erected to the glory of God

And in memory of the Zion Lutheran Church, Robertstown

1875     1960

Demolished in 1981

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design