www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers of the DistrictPrint Page Print this page

09-April-2021
09-April-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren
The cairn commemorates the pioneers of the District who erected the Boors Plains Methodist Church in 1873.

The Boors Plains Methodist Church (1873-1967) consisted of three rooms - the church, the Boor's Plains School room plus a third room used for Sunday School or celebration of community events. Today, the former church site is marked by a memorial cairn.

On Sunday a new Bible Christian Church, recently erected on Boor's Plains, was opened, the Rev W. Wilson preaching in the morning, and a Rev. gentleman from Port Wakefield in the afternoon and evening. There will be a tea meeting this afternoon to be followed by a public meeting at which addresses will be delivered by several ministers and friends.
Wallaroo Times and Mining Journal (Port Wallaroo, SA ),
5 November 1873.

Location

Address:Kadina - Cunliffe Road, Boors Plains, 5554
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.014937
Long: 137.747765
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1873
Approx. Event End Date:1967

Dedication

Front Inscription

In memory of the pioneers of this District who erected the Boors Plains Methodist Church on this site in 1873

Church closed 1967

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design