www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Andrews Memorial Entrance & FencePrint Page Print this page

04-February-2020
04-February-2020

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The entrance gate and fence commemorate those connected with the church. The unveiling took place in 1952. 

The Ceremonies associated with the unveiling of gifts to the Mandurama Presbyterian Church took place last Saturday afternoon in pleasant weather and in the presence of three hundred or more people. The gifts were bestowed upon the Church in honour of Ministers and people of an earlier day, three of whom still survive. The majority of the gifts are in the nature of Memorials and comprise a fence of fourteen panels of iron-work, an entrance, a flagstaff, and a garden seat. The whole design, both in its origin and in its development was the conception of a gifted lady, Mrs. Pritchard Death, of "Hailie Brae," Blayney, daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. George Hextell, Mandurama, both of whom have been commemorated by Memorial fence panels. A detailed report of the ceremonies will be given in Friday's issue of the 'W.M."
Lyndhurst Shire Chronicle (NSW), 2 April 1952.

 

 

Location

Address:59 Loquat Street, St Andrew`s Presbyterian Church, Mandurama, 2792
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.651476
Long: 149.070458
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Designer:Mrs Pritchard Death

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 29th March, 1952
Left Side Inscription

St Andrew`s
Presbyterian
Church

MANDURAMA

 

 

Right Side Inscription

Erected 1951
In Honour And
Remembrance

The Entrance :

[ Names ]

The Fence :

[ Names ]

Soli Deo Gloria

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design