Re-opening of St Patrick`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by John Huth

Two plaques commemorate the re-opening of St Patrick`s Church in June 2003.



Address:Monteagle Street, St Patrick`s Catholic Church, Binalong, 2584
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.669672
Long: 148.633204
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Actual Event Start Date:08-June-2003
Actual Event End Date:08-June-2003


Front Inscription

Plaque :

           To the Glory of God
To commemorate The re-opening of the restored
          St Patricks Church
Monsignor John Hoare MBE OAM ED  
           Vicar General
Pentecost Sunday 8th June 2003

Administrator :                                        Fr. Patrick Corbett, C.Ss.R
Project Coordinator :                              Roger Perry
Mater Stonemason & Clerk of Works :   Carl Valerius
Heritage Adviser :                                   Peter Freeman

Plaque :

St. Peter & Paul`s Church - Binalong
(ruins still visible on original site in 2003)

This Memorial has been created from stones gathered
from the surrounds of the original church site.

Foundation Stone
26th March 1859
Rev. Michael McAlroy

The church of St. Peter & Paul was constructed of rubble stone in a gothic style, measuring 60ft long, 24ft wide, 14ft high. It was located on nine acres of land donated by Edward Ryan, on the hill overlooking the village.  The site was abandoned in early 1900.

This plaque was unveiled on the occasion of the
restoration of St. Patrick`s Church - Binalong.
Pentecost Sunday 8th June 2003


Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design