Landsborough School of Arts Memorial HallPrint Page Print this page

1920s : Construction (State Library of Queensland)
1920s : Construction (State Library of Queensland)

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The hall commemorates those who served in World War One.

A stump capping ceremony was held on the 24th November 1923 by Mr Warren M.L.A who stated he appreciated the fact that Landsborough was moving in the matter of erecting a soldiers memorial and the numbers there that day and the nature of the function showed that the committee meant business.

The official opening of the hall took place on the 4th May 1924 which was attended by the Governor of Queensland, Sir Matthew Nathan. A grand procession was held from the railway station to the hall.
Nambour Chronicle and North Coast Advertiser,
30th November 1923, 2nd May 1924


Address:4 Old Landsborough Road, Landsborough, 4550
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -26.80988
Long: 152.965612
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 4th May, 1924
Source: SKP, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au