Alumny Creek Public School & District Roll of HonourPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by John Johnston

The wooden roll of honour commemorates those from the school and district who served in World War One.

The museum contains a Heritage Room, featuring individual photographs and profiles for every soldier listed the honour roll. 

The Alumny Creek Public School opened in 1872, a one teacher school conducting lessons from kindergarten to 6th form. The school closed in 1969 and is now a public museum depicting the typical one teacher school of the 1930’s era. The former teacher’s residence also forms part of the museum. 

Originally the school locality was officially named Alumy Creek however at the time the school opened in 1872 the spelling Alumny was in common use, even used in official road signage etc. at that time. Therefore the school was officially named Alumny Creek Public School.  While the locality has now reverted to the original spelling (Alumy Creek), the School,  because it was originally named Alumny Creek Public School, has retained its original spelling.

Arrangements are completed to celebrate Empire Day publicly at Alumny Creek. The function will take place at 2 p.m., to fit in with various speakers who will attend the functions elsewhere in the forenoon. In connection with same, the honor roll of the school and district will be unveiled by Miss Alma Eggins and Mrs. Boyd, ex-pupils, who have brothers at the front. The speakers will be Inspector Fraser, the Mayors of Grafton and South Grafton, Dr. Henry, various clergymen, and returned soldiers, who will unveil the enlarged photos of their fallen comrades. The afternoon's programme will conclude with a basket spread.
Daily Examiner (Grafton, NSW), 21 May 1918.



Address:465 Lawrence Road, Alumny Creek Public School Museum, Alumy Creek, 2460
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -29.642908
Long: 152.949932
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 24th May, 1918
Front Inscription

Alumny Creek
Public School & District
Roll of Honor

For God - For King - For Country

[ Names ]


Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au