Pioneer & Early Settler MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates the pioneers who settled the district.
Early pastoral runs in the district were operating from the 1860s but uncertain land tenures and lack of reliable water did not encourage permanent occupation.
From August 1910 land was gazetted and successfully applicants announced for allotments in parishes of Nyang and Underbool, followed by Boinka, Worooa, Daalko, Manpy, Gnarr, Mamengoroock, and Purnya Settlers began arriving early 1911 to clear land and establish dwellings.
|Address:||Cotter Street, Underbool, 3509|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.169712|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Karen Harris|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 19th October, 2002|
Pioneer and Early Settler Memorial
Officially opened 19 October 2002
In honour of the pioneers who, through vision, courage and strength, triumphed over hardship to settle this district
Stock water cart
Used by Farnsworth Family
Allot. 32 Parish Manpy