No.13 (City of Darwin) SquadronPrint Page
Plaque commemorates the personnel who served in the No. 13 (City of Darwin) Squadron during World War Two.
|Address:||Fairbairn & Limestone Avenues, Australian War Memorial, Campbell, 2612|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.279626|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||03-September-1939|
|Actual Event End Date:||15-August-1945|
No. 13 (City of Darwin) Squadron
No. 13 Squadron RAAF was formed on 1 June 1940 and disbanded on 11 January 1946. It was reformed as an active reserve squadron on 1 July 1989. Since its formation, the men and women of the squadron have served the nation with distinction and honour.
The squadron received a US Presidential Unit Citation for outstanding performance of duties in action between 13 April and 25 August 1942.
This plaque is dedicated to the members of the squadron who gave their lives as the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
Canberra Cooktown Daly Waters Darwin Gove Hughes Labuan Laha Morotai Namlea Truscott