District Soldiers Memorial InstitutePrint Page
The Institute is a two storied stone and brick building which was erected to commemorate those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
The Institute was opened on the 30th August 1924 by Mr. G.K. Warren. The building is of stone and brick, and an honor roll appears on the wall of the main hall. The institute, as a whole, cost about £2,700. and was built on the day labour principle. This enabled the committee to do the work for £400 less than the lowest contract price received.
Chronicle (Adelaide), 6th September 1934
|Address:||Queen Street & Memorial Drive, Williamstown, 5351|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.670045|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
District Soldiers Memorial Institute
1914 - 1919
The District`s Tribute