www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Irish Harp ReservePrint Page Print this page

10-April-2021
10-April-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The Irish Harp Reserve was named to perpetuate the name of the Irish Harp Inn which in 1851 stood at the corner of Churchill Road and Regency Road. The hotel is now known as the Reepham Hotel. 

 

Location

Address:Regency Road, Irish Harp Park, Prospect, 5082
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.874235
Long: 138.586722
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Park
Monument Theme:Technology
Sub-Theme:Industry
Actual Event Start Date:
Actual Event End Date:

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1974
Front Inscription

Plaque :

CITY OF PROSPECT
"IRISH HARP RESERVE"

This Reserve Was Given To The District In
1924 When The Area Known As Prospect Estate
Was Subdivided By The Owners - 
"The DaCosta Samaritan Fund". In 1974 It Was
Decided To Name It "Irish Harp Reserve" To
Perpetuate The Name Of the Inn Which In 1851
Stood At The Corner Of What Is Now
Churchill Road & Regency Road (Previously
Named Irish Harp Road).

1977        B. D. Redpath Mayor

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design