www.monumentaustralia.org.au

District Commerce, Shipping & FishingPrint Page Print this page

09-April-2021
09-April-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren
The anchor commemorates the commerce, shipping and fishing of the Port Hughes District. 

Location

Address:Minnie Terrace, Port Hughes, 5558
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.075707
Long: 137.547306
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Technology
Monument Theme:Technology
Sub-Theme:Industry

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 1st April, 1972
Front Inscription

National Trust of S.A.
Corporation of Moonta

1872 - 1972

Port Hughes surveyed 1863.
Tiparra Lighthouse erected 1876.
Jetty built 1911 - 13.

This anchor of unknown origin found near Tiparra Reef Lighthouse, commemorates District commerce, shipping & fishing

Unveiled by Mrs R. Horton 1st April 1972.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design