www.monumentaustralia.org.au

William R. Randell LockPrint Page Print this page

18-August-2020
18-August-2020

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque marks the site of the William R. Randell Lock and the visit of members of the Parliament of Australia in June 1915.

The lock was named after William Randell who was a pioneer of river navigation in the 1800s.

Location

Address:Godley Street, Lock 1, Blanchetown, 5357
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.350501
Long: 139.615575
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Technology
Sub-Theme:Industry

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 5th June, 1915
Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2001
Front Inscription

This stone marking the site of the William R. Randell Lock was laid by His Excellency Sir Henry Lionel Galway K.C.M.G., D.S.O.

On the occasion of the visit of Members of the Parliament of Australia

5th June 1915

Replica of original 1915 stone.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design