John & Anne Kellaway, John & Sarah ClarkPrint Page Print this page

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland
The plaque commemorates John and Anne Kellaway, and John and Sarah Clark who were pioneers of the Huon District and founding supporters of St John`s Anglican Church.

Note: St John`s Church was deconsecrated in August 2014. Friends of St Johns Franklin Inc. is a not for profit group that was formed in 2015. The current most important aim of the group, is to negotiate with the Anglican Diocese of Tasmania - which owns the property- and work towards keeping St John's Church and cemetery in community ownership. The property was donated to the people of Franklin, by Lady Jane Franklin, and the church was built in 1864 with money raised by pioneer settlers. Many of the headstones in the cemetery date back to the mid 1800s.

Friends of St Johns Inc members organise fund raising activities to raise money which they intend to put towards the community purchase of this important icon of Franklin's community heritage.

Note: This church was on a list of Anglican Church properties for sale in 2018.


Address:7 Church Street, St John`s Anglican Church, Franklin, 7113
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -43.084579
Long: 147.013123
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:People


Front Inscription

                   A. M. D. G.
                   In Memory Of  
John & Anne (nee Wallis) Kellaway
1805 - 1859          1794 - 1879
John & Sarah (nee Kellaway) Clark
1804 - 1865           1825 - 1866
Early Huon Pioneers And
Founding Supporters Of This Church

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design