www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Drs. W. W. Martin & S. H. WeedonPrint Page Print this page

24-April-2019
24-April-2019

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The bas relief sculptured plaque commemorates local doctors Dr W W. Martin & S.H. Weedon for their devotion to their calling and their service to the community. 

The committee controlling the Weedon - Martin Recognition Fund met recently to consider the form of appreciation to Dr. S. H. Weedon and the late Dr. W. W. Martin, for which over £260 is in hand, subscribed by the general public. Several suggestlons have been received and the committee is taking steps to have them further investigated. Two of the artists who have been consulted are Dr. Darrel Lindsay, Director of the Melbourne Art Gallery, and Mr. Victor Greenhalgh, well known sculptor of the School of Applied Art, Melbourne. The committee, of which Mr. A. B. Sadleir (Wagga Base Hospital) is the secretary, will meet again in August, and will still welcome practical suggestions from subscribers to the fund.
Daily Advertiser (Wagga Wagga, NSW), 8 July 1948.

Location

Address:Baylis & Morrow Streets, Museum of the Riverina, Historic Council Chambers, Wagga Wagga, 2650
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.109694
Long: 147.37075
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Medicine

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1949
Front Inscription
ERECTED BY THE CITIZENS OF WAGGA WAGGA IN HONOUR OF DOCTORS W·W·MARTIN & S·H·WEEDON WHOSE DEVOTION TO THEIR CALLING, AND UNTIRING LABOURS FOR THE WELFARE OF THIS COMMUNITY, WILL FOREVER BE REMEMBERED WITH GRATITUDE ·AD ·1949
 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design