www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Arthur MilsonPrint Page Print this page

23-September-2019
23-September-2019

Photographs supplied by Dave Rave

The park was renamed in 1912 to honour Arthur G. Milson who was the Mayor of North Sydney from 1909 to 1914. 

Location

Address:Bradly Avenue, Milson Park, Kirribilli, 2061
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.844167
Long: 151.214167
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Park
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Government - Local
Approx. Event Start Date:1909
Approx. Event End Date:1914

Dedication

Front Inscription

Plaque :

Milson Park
Milson Park was dedicated as public parkland in 1898
and originally gazetted as Kirribilli Park. The park is
built on an area of land reclaimed from Careening Cove.
Its name was changed in 1912 to honour the Mayor of
North Sydney, Arthur G. Milson (1909 - 1912, 1913 - 1914),
a descendant of one of North Sydney's early land
grantees, James Milson.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design