www.monumentaustralia.org.au

William BrookerPrint Page Print this page

15-March-2021
15-March-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The wall commemorates William Brooker, who was a Councillor in the first Stepney Council which was formed in 1867.

The plaque also lists the names of the first council members. 

Location

Address:Stepney Street, Stepney, 5069
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.912597
Long: 138.626872
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Government - Local

Dedication

Front Inscription

This wall has been erected to the memory of William Brooker

A resident and councillor on the Stepney Council in the year 1867 being the first year of this Council which in part in 1883 became the corporate town of St Peters.

The Stepney Council`s first Chairman was John Colton M. P. of Hackney.

The other Councillors were H. Broad, J. H. Heinemann, and W. H. T. Goss.

The Clerk being Davison Harwood of Nelson Street Stepney.


 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design