www.monumentaustralia.org.au

John Finlay DuffPrint Page Print this page

21-May-2021
21-May-2021
Photographs supplied by Maureen Aquila

The plaque commemorates John Finlay Duff who gave the land on which the church is built.

 

Location

Address:St Bernards Road, St George`s Anglican Church, Magill, 5072
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.907621
Long: 138.675802
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:People
Sub-Theme:Community

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2007
Front Inscription

To the memory of John Finlay Duff

Captain of the barque the "African" and for many years harbourmaster at Glenelg, who gave the land, one and a half acres, on which this church was built.

Captain Duff and his partner John Hallett from the sheep farming venture at Woodford were the first to export wool from the Province to London in 1837.

St George`s Historical Group 2007

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design