www.monumentaustralia.org.au

First Fleet Memorial PlaquePrint Page Print this page

First Fleet Memorial : 19-December-2012
First Fleet Memorial : 19-December-2012

Photographs supplied by Peter F Williams

The plaque commemorates those who arrived on the First Fleet in 1788 and who were buried from St Phillips Church.

The plaque shares the memorial plinth with the plaque for St Phillips Church 1798-1856 which originally stood on the site. 

Location

Address:Grosvenor Street, Lang Park, Sydney, 2000
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.863517
Long: 151.205972
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 17th July, 1988
Front Inscription

This Plaque Is Dedicated To
The Memory Of Those Who
Arrived In This Country With 
Captain Arthur Phillip
On The First Fleet In 1788 And
Who Were Buried From This church.

Fellowship of First Fleeters
1988

(Top Plaque)
The Church Of Saint Phillip 
Named After Governor Phillip 
Stood On This Site
1798 - 1856
R.A.H.S.
1942.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design