www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of WycheproofPrint Page Print this page

Wycheproof Centenary
Wycheproof Centenary

Photographs supplied by Kent Watson

The park was established in 1966 to commemorate the centenary of Wycheproof. The plaque was unveiled in the park on the 6th October 1972, the 10th anniversary of the formation of the Lions Club in Wycheproof. 

Location

Address:Fairview Street, Centenary Park, Wycheproof, 3527
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.079259
Long: 143.226233
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Park
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement

Dedication

Front Inscription

Centenary Park

This site was once occupied by the railways and Shire dams and was transformed into four acres of parkland by  a community working bee organized by the Lions Club of Wycheproof in 1966.

In two weekends through generous donation of equipment and time by local residents, 1800 truck loads of earth totalling 10000 cubic yards were carted.

Further working bees were held to site monuments, fences and plant shrubs, trees and lawns.

This plaque was unveiled by His Excellency Major-General Sir Rohan Delacombe, KCMG, KCVO, KBE, CB, DSO, K St J Governor of Victoria on the 6th Day of October 1972

The 10th anniversary of the formation of the Lions Club of Wycheproof.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design