www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Foundation of Brinkworth TownshipPrint Page Print this page

23-August-2021
23-August-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates the foundation of the Brinkworth township in November 1892.

The Brinkworth area was first settled in the 1860s and the town laid out in 1892. Brinkworth is named after the early landowner, George Brinkworth.

Location

Address:Main Street, Brinkworth, 5464
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.696076
Long: 138.403546
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Actual Event Start Date:11-November-1892
Actual Event End Date:11-November-1892

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 3rd October, 1992
Front Inscription

This Plaque Was Unveiled
On The 3rd October 1992
By Centenarian 
MR. T. G. CHESSON
To Commemorate The Foundation Of
The Brinkworth Township
On The 11th November 1892.

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design