www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Jubilee 150Print Page Print this page

11-July-2021
11-July-2021

Photographs supplied by Georgina Bliss

The fountain commemorates the 150th anniversary of the European settlement of South Australia from 1836 to 1986.

The British Province of South Australia was established by the South Australia Act 1834 in August 1834, and the South Australian Company formed on 9 October 1835 to fulfil the purposes of the Act by forming a new colony financed by land sales. The first settlers arrived on Kangaroo Island in July 1836, with all of the ships later sailing north soon afterwards to anchor in Holdfast Bay on the advice of Surveyor-General, Colonel William Light. The Proclamation of the new Province by Governor Hindmarsh at Glenelg took place on 28 December 1836.

 

 

Location

Address:Mallee Highway, C. W. A. Clubroom, Lameroo, 5302
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.329806
Long: 140.516501
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Fountain
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1836
Approx. Event End Date:1986

Dedication

Front Inscription

This fountain was erected by ladies of the Lameroo Branches of CWA and WAB 

To celebrate the occasion of South Australia’s 150th Jubilee 1986.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design