www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Jubilee 150 of Riverton & DistrictPrint Page Print this page

10-June-2021
10-June-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The engraved pavers commemorate the Jubilee 150 of Riverton and District

Riverton was first settled in 1856, as a settlement along the bullock track from the mining town of Burra to the capital city Adelaide. It grew from a plan designed by a James Masters who had established the nearby town of Saddleworth. The streets of Riverton received their names chiefly from James Masters and his friends. They commemorate persons notable in the history of the district or the State.

Location

Address:Frederick Place, Riverton, 5412
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.155529
Long: 138.748722
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Pathway
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1856
Approx. Event End Date:2006

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 21st October, 2006
Front Inscription

Plaque :

These Engraved Pavers
Were Laid In Celebration Of The 
Jubilee 150 Of Riverton & District
To Honour And Recognise 
"Those People Who Have Made A Difference"
     In This Community
Over The Past 150 Years
Unveiled October 21st, 2006
          By 
   Mr Trevor Peek

Left Side Inscription

 

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design