www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Colton TownshipPrint Page Print this page

06-February-2021
06-February-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren
The time capsule commemorates the Colton township which was founded in 1876.

Location

Address:Flinders Highway & Colton Back Road, Colton, 5670
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.482156
Long: 134.923614
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Time Capsule
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1876

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 25th May, 1986
Front Inscription

To remember Colton township

Founded in 1876

Unveiled by Mr. P. G. McCracken, May 25th 1986 for South Aust. Jubilee 150 year.

Time capsule laid - to be opened in 50 years.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design