www.monumentaustralia.org.au

100 Years of Settlement of the Hundred of WandearahPrint Page Print this page

24-January-2021
24-January-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates the first 100 years of the settlement of the Hundred of Wandearah from 1874 to 1974.

The Hundred of Wandearah is a cadastral unit of hundred in South Australia. It is one of the 14 hundreds of the County of Victoria and was proclaimed by Governor Anthony Musgrave in December 1874. The hundred lacks any townships and is split into the bounded of localities of Wandereah West and Wandearah East. According to South Australian historians Rodney Cocburn and Geoffrey Manning, it was named for an indigenous term meaning "big trees".

Location

Address:1454 - 1590 Wandearah Road, Wandearah East, 5523
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.389338
Long: 138.012838
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Actual Event Start Date:
Approx. Event Start Date:1874
Approx. Event End Date:1974

Dedication

Front Inscription

To commemorate the first 100 years of settlement of the Hundred of Wandearah

1874 - 1974

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design