www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of ArthurtonPrint Page Print this page

04-January-2021
04-January-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The monument commemorates the centenary of Arthurton from 1877 to 1977.

It also commemorates the pioneers of Kalkabury, and C. H and R. B. Smith who were the inventors of the stump - jump plough.

Arthurton was established on 25 January 1877. It was named after Arthur, the son of South Australian Governor Anthony Musgrave, who insisted on this name after it had already been named "Kalkabury".

Location

Address:Kulpara - Maitland Road, Arthurton, 5572
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.259438
Long: 137.756619
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Actual Event Start Date:25-January-1877
Actual Event End Date:25-January- 1977

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1977
Front Inscription

This Plaque Commemorates
The Centenary Of Arthurton
    1877 - 1977
Also A Tribute To The Pioneers
Of Kalkabury, 1872, And 
C. H & R. B. Smith, Inventors Of
The Stump - Jump Plough, 1876.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design