www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Australian Bicentenary - Restoration of Change-Ringing BellsPrint Page Print this page

16-October-2014
16-October-2014
Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

The restoration of St Clement`s Change - Ringing Bells was a bicentennial project by the parishioners of Yass and the New South Wales Bicentennial Council to commemorate the bicentenary in 1988. 

The Bicentenary marked the 200th anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet in Sydney in 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip (1738-1814), commander of the First Fleet, established the foundations of a British colony at Sydney Cove on the 26th January 1788. 

 

Location

Address:Church & Rossi Street, St Clement`s Anglican Church, Yass , 2582
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.839232
Long: 148.912648
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1788
Approx. Event End Date:1988

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1988
Front Inscription

                    Australia
                   1788-1988

St. Clement`s Anglican Church
       Restoration of
Change-Ringing Bells
An Australian Bicentennial Project
with financial assistance from
the N.S.W. Bicentennial Council 
and the Parishioners of Yass
To commemorate the Nation's Bicentenary 
               in 1988

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design