www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Bicentenary GatePrint Page Print this page

08-January-2014
08-January-2014

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The side gate at the entrance to Falls Park commemorates the Bicentenary of the foundation of Tasmania in 2003. The gate replaced a turnstile which was erected in 1953. 

Location

Address:Logan Road, Falls Park, Evandale, 7212
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -41.571043
Long: 147.253711
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Gate
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Settlement
Approx. Event Start Date:1803
Approx. Event End Date:2003

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 7th September, 2003
Front Inscription

2003

Left Side Inscription

Plaque:
FALLS PARK

The 1953 Entrance Gates Were Erected By The
Evandale Municipal Council
             And
The Evandale Agricultural Society
To Commemorate 150 Years Since British Settlement In Tasmania

The Gates Were Relocated And The Original Turnstile Replaced By The 2003 Gate Donated By The John Glover Society Inc. To Recognise Tasmania`s Bi-centenary

Officially Opened On The 7th September 2003 By
Mr David Von Steiglitz OAM

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design