www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers of the Darling DownsPrint Page Print this page

24-September-2014
24-September-2014

Photographs supplied by John Huth
The plaque commemorates Allan Cunningham, who explored the Darling Downs in June 1827 and Patrick Leslie and Associates who were founders of the first settlement in 1840. 

Location

Address:King Street, Shire Offices, Clifton, 4680
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.928895
Long: 151.905927
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Landscape
Sub-Theme:Exploration
Approx. Event Start Date:June-1827

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 20th September, 1941
Front Inscription

To perpetuate the memory of  Allan Cunningham discoverer of Darling Downs June 1827.

Patrick Leslie & Associates, founders of first settlement June 1840

This stone was unveiled by Councillor James Meara, Chairman Clifton Shire Council on 20th September 1941

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design