www.monumentaustralia.org.au

150th Anniversary of Penrith CourthousePrint Page Print this page

The plaque commemorates the 150th anniversary (1832 - 1982) of the courthouse.

The first Courts of Petty Sessions were proclaimed in the Government Gazette of 3 October 1832. The proclamations gave notice that Courts of Petty Sessions were to be held at the following locations: Sydney (Police Office and Hyde park Barracks), Inverary, Parramatta, Bathurst, Windsor, Newcastle, Penrith, Paterson's Plains, Liverpool, Maitland, Campbelltown, Darlington, Wollongong, Invermein, Stonequarry Creek, Port Stephens, Bong Bong or Berrima, Port Macquarie, Goulburn Plains.

Location

Address:64 - 72 Henry Street, Penrith Courthouse, Penrith, 2750
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.753309
Long: 150.701516
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Approx. Event Start Date:1832
Approx. Event End Date:1982

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1982
Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design