www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Ceduna to Penong Railway SidingsPrint Page Print this page

23-November-2020
23-November-2020

Photographs supplied by Emma Warren

The plaque commemorates the old railway sidings that existed from 1924 to 1966 on the Ceduna to Penong railway line. 

The railway line served many small farming areas from Ceduna to Penong, delivering water and superphosphate and taking milk, cream, grains, salt and gypsum. This railway line closed in 1966 when a new narrow gauge line, direct from the gypsum field to Thevenard was built.

Location

Address:Poynton Street, Median Strip, Ceduna, 5690
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.125959
Long: 133.673779
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Approx. Event Start Date:1924
Actual Event End Date:13-February-1966

Dedication

Front Inscription
To commemorate the sidings located on the old railway line from Ceduna to Penong which was closed on 13. 2. 1996
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design