Dandenong High School Commemorative WindowPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

Stained glass window commemorates the 90th anniversary of the school and is dedicated to the memory of Percival William Langford, the first headmaster of the school. 

The window was funded by the Department of Veteran Affairs and the Ex-Students Association. 

Dandenong High School was officially opened on 10 March 1919.  The first Headmaster of Dandenong High School was Mr Percival Charles William Langford. Mr Langford served in the 4th Light Horse Brigade of the First Australian Imperial Force, and saw action in France and the Sinai and Palestine Campaign. He was invalided out of the Army in September 1916 suffering from typhoid. He then undertook recruitment work for the Army. Mr Langford served at the school until 1934 when he transferred to Mildura, then to Frankston in 1937 where he worked until his retirement in 1948.

The colours of the school are those of Mr Langford’s Regiment, the 4th Light Horse, and are red and two shades of blue. 


Address:92-106 Princes Highway, Dandenong High School, Dandenong, 3175
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.979361
Long: 145.209147
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Government
Approx. Event Start Date:1919
Approx. Event End Date:2009
Designer:Ferguson Stained Glass


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 27th April, 2012
Front Inscription


Window into our Past and Future

The stained glass window above the entrance
doors was funded by The Department of
Veteran Affairs and the Ex-Students
Association, to mark the 90th anniversary
of the school being the work of Ferguson
Stained Glass, a company with strong
family links with DHS, and was dedicated
          to the memory of
P C W Langford on 27 April 2012
Source: DVA, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design