www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Sesquicentenary of the Royal Adelaide HospitalPrint Page Print this page

20-July-2021
20-July-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque at the first site of the Colonial Infirmary which functioned from January to July 1837, commemorates the sesquicentenary of the Royal Adelaide Hospital from 1839 to 1989.

 

Location

Address:North Terrace, Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide, 5000
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.921604
Long: 138.595034
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Approx. Event Start Date:1839
Approx. Event End Date:1989

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1990
Front Inscription

This Plaque Marks The First Site Of
      The Colonial Infirmary

    January To July 1837

The Structure Made Of Pressed Earth Was Originally
Built As A School Room.  It Was Rented And
Used By Dr T. Y. Cotter, Colonial Surgeon,
For The Treatment Of Sick Immigrants Until
More Suitable Accomodation Became Available
       In Hindley Street.

Erected By Royal Adelaide Hospital
Heritage And History Committee
       To Commemorate
Royal Adelaide Hospital Sesquicentenary
               1990

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design