www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Mount Mary Railway StationPrint Page Print this page

29-March-2021
29-March-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren
The cairn commemorates that there was once a railway station in Mount Mary.  It opened on 23rd September 1878 and closed in November 1969.

Mount Mary (formerly Krichauff and Beatty) is a small town on the Thiele Highway between Eudunda and Morgan in South Australia. It was also served by the Morgan railway line from 1878 until 1969 and is named for the Mount Mary railway station on that line.

Location

Address:North Terrace, Mount Mary, 5374
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.104568
Long: 139.439406
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State
Actual Event Start Date:23-September-1978
Approx. Event End Date:November-1969

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:2000
Front Inscription

This plaque is to commemorate 
that there was a railway station at Mt. Mary 
and the line from Kapunda through to Morgan 
was opened on 23rd September, 1878.
The last train ran in November, 1969.

Erected by the Mt. Mary Hotel Patrons Club 
    in the year 2000.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design