www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Berrima Training CentrePrint Page Print this page

09-October-2015
09-October-2015

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The plaque commemorates the official opening of the Berrima Training Centre in November 1949.

Initially established as Berrima Gaol, the facility closed in 1909 and reopened in 1949 as the Berrima Training Centre.

Elaborate arrangements are in hand for the official opening of the Berrima Training Centre which is housed in what isniore commonly known as the Berrima Gaol. Invitations have been sent out by the Minister for Justice, Mr. Downing, to the function which is set down for 2.30 p.m. on Saturday, November 19. The ceremony will be performed by His Excellency the State Governor. 
Goulburn Evening Post (NSW ), 25 October 1949.

Location

Address:Argyle Street, Old Berrima Gaol, Berrima, 2577
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.487581
Long: 150.335973
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:State

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 19th November, 1949
Front Inscription

This Tablet Commemorates The Official
Opening Of The Berrima Training Centre By
His Excellency The Governor Of New South Wales
Lieutenant General John Northcott, C.B., M.V.O.
On 19th November 1949

L. C. J. Nott
Comptroller-General of Prisons

R. R. Downing
Minister for Justice

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design