Trial Hill WallPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The memorial stone and plaque commemorate the building of the wall at Trial Hill. The wall was built for the safety of the community and commissioned by Councillor Parsons of Angas Vale between 1945 and 1950.

Trial Hill was very steep was the scene of many accidents. The road was finally bitumised by the council in 1991-92. 


Address:Trial Hill Road, G. B. A. Parsons Lookout, Pewsey Vale , 5351
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.608751
Long: 138.952667
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Approx. Event Start Date:1945
Approx. Event End Date:1950


Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1987
Front Inscription

This stone wall was commissioned between 1945 - 50 by G. B. Angas Parsons of `Pewsey Vale` 

(Councillor 1951 - 57)

For the safety of the community & his family

Trial Hill was bituminised by the Council in 1991 - 92

The memorial stone was donated by Ian Ross of `Glen Gillian`
(Councillor 1977 - 2003)

And placed by the District Council of Barossa in 1987

Plaque compiled by A. J. MacLachlan of `Pewsey Vale` 
(Councillor 1985 - 1987)
Son in law to G. B. A. Parsons

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design