www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Shire of Lexton Councillors & EmployeesPrint Page Print this page

20-September-2017
20-September-2017

Photographs supplied by Neil Follett

A shelter was erected to commemorate former Shire of Lexton councillors and employees. 

The Shire of Lexton was a local government area about 150 kilometres northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria.  The Shire covered an area of 821.03 square kilometres and existed from 1860 until 1994.

On 23 September 1994, the Shire of Lexton was abolished, and, along with the Shire of Ripon, and parts of the Shire of Avoca, was merged into the newly created Shire of Pyrenees. 

Location

Address:Williamson & Skene Streets, Toll Bar Park , Lexton, 3352
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.274832
Long: 143.516035
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:Local
Actual Event Start Date:01-February-1860
Actual Event End Date:23-September-1994

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1997
Front Inscription

Plaque: 

In recognition of the Councillers and employees of the former Shire of Loxton 

1 - 2 - 1860 to 23 - 9 - 1994

Erected by the Lexton Progress Association 1997

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design