www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Visit of Queen Elizabeth IIPrint Page Print this page

21-June-2019
21-June-2019
Photographs supplied by Heather Stevens

The polished brass plaque commemorates the visit of Queen Elizabeth II in 1954.

The plaque has an enamel badge of the CENEF at the top.  The CENEF was the Church of England National Emergency Fund which conducted a number of facilities and services, including recreation huts at St Andrew's Cathedral, for service personnel during and shortly after World War Two.

Location

Address:George & Bathurst Streets, St Andrew`s Cathedral, Sydney, 2000
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.874006
Long: 151.206581
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Government
Sub-Theme:Imperial

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1955
Front Inscription

This plaque records that the sum of £28,000 towards the liquidation of the capital debt of this building was subscribed during 1954 - 55 as a thank offering to commemorate the royal visit of Her Majesty the Queen.

It is the result of team work.

Many sharing together in what was called `our Everest' 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design