www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Clement`s Church of England Memorial Gates Print Page Print this page

13-September-2020 [Sandra Brown]
13-September-2020 [Sandra Brown]

Photographs supplied by Glen Yeomans / Sandra Brown

The gates were erected in 1960, to commemorate St Clements Church of England which was dedicated and opened at the site on the 4th December 1860, and are in remembrance of the pioneers of the district. 

Note:
The former St Clements Anglican Church, Gloucester has been removed and the site is now an historic park. 

Location

Address:Church & Oak Streets, St Clements Historic Park, Gloucester, 2422
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.022094
Long: 151.954625
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Gates
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:04-December-1860
Actual Event End Date:04-December-1960

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 4th December, 1960
Front Inscription

To the glory of God

And to commemorate St Clement`s Church of England.

Given by some members of the Australian Agricultural Co

Dedicated by William Tyrell first Bishop of Newcastle

December 4, 1860

Right Side Inscription

To the glory of God

In remembrance of the pioneers of this District

+ James Newcastle

December 4, 1960 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design