St Clement`s Church of England Memorial Gates Print Page Print this page

13-September-2020 [Sandra Brown]
13-September-2020 [Sandra Brown]

Photographs supplied by Glen Yeomans / Sandra Brown

The gates were erected in 1960, to commemorate St Clements Church of England which was dedicated and opened at the site on the 4th December 1860, and are in remembrance of the pioneers of the district. 

The former St Clements Anglican Church, Gloucester has been removed and the site is now an historic park. 


Address:268 Church Street (Cnr Oak Street), St Clements Historic Park, Gloucester, 2422
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.022094
Long: 151.954625
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Gates
Monument Theme:Culture
Actual Event Start Date:04-December-1860
Actual Event End Date:04-December-1960


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 4th December, 1960
Front Inscription

To the Glory
    of God
And To Commemorate
  St Clement`s
Church Of England.
Given By Some Members
Of The Australian
Agricultural Co
Dedicated By
William Tyrell
First Bishop Of
December 4, 1860

Right Side Inscription
To the Glory
of God
In Remembrance
Of The Pioneers
Of This District
+ James Newcastle
December 4, 1960 
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design