www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Christian WorshipPrint Page Print this page

The plaque was erected in 1987 to mark 100 years of Christian worship in the church.

On 2nd April, 1887, the foundation stone of the Picton Presbyterian Church was laid by Mr. W.Coull, on a site which he had presented to the Church. The same year— on 11th September— the church was opened and consecrated by the Rev. Doctor W.M. Dill Mackay.

Location

Address:Lumsdaine Street & Old Hume Highway (Remembrance Driveway), Uniting Church, Picton, 2751
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.174444
Long: 150.608611
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1887
Approx. Event End Date:1987

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 5th April, 1987
Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design