www.monumentaustralia.org.au

150th Anniversary of First Service at Holy TrinityPrint Page Print this page

The plaque, erected in 1985, commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the first service which was held in 1835.

Dating from 1835, Holy Trinity Church Kelso was the first church consecrated west of the Blue Mountains. With its pioneer cemetery and rectory designed by Edmund Blacket, it is one of the most significant building groups in the Central West region. Holy Trinity played a vital part in the regional growth of the Anglican Church, enjoying the early support of well known religious figures at the time such as Reverend Samuel Marsden and Bishop William Broughton. 

Location

Address:75 Gilmour Street, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Kelso, 2795
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.412055
Long: 149.603012
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1835
Approx. Event End Date:1985

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 7th April, 1985
Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design