www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Saviour`s Childrens HomePrint Page Print this page

The Plaque was erected in honour of the people who spent part of their youth at St Saviours Children’s Home which operated in Goulburn from 1933 to the mid 1970’s.

The Cathedral Parish of St Saviour's Goulburn, part of the Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn, established a children's home in 1929. The home was first operated by the Sisters of the Holy Cross, an Anglican order who came from Nyngan, New South Wales. In 1933 the Sisters of the Community of the Holy Name, who were headquartered in Melbourne, took over the Goulburn Home. In the mid-1970s, the church reviewed its child care work and identified the need for services aimed at supporting the family unit and preventing the placement of children in residential children's homes. As a result, St Saviour's Neighbourhood Centre was developed.

Location

Address:130 Cowper Street, St Saviour`s Neighbourhood Centre, Goulburn, 2580
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.753144
Long: 149.713193
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 12th December, 2009
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design