Centenary Of Holy Trinity ChurchPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown
The two wooden panels were placed in the church in November 1964 as a thanksgiving to commemorate the centenary of the Holy Trinity Church.  The panels list the names of the incumbents of the church since its inception in 1863.  Additional names have been added since their unveiling. 

In 1864 a bluestone church was built on the George Street corner of the present site – a place designated as the site for the Cathedral. The church was opened on the 20th November 1864. That church was destroyed by fire in 1905 and the present church was built at the opposite end of the block and consecrated in October 1907.


Address:Hotham & Clarendon Streets, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, East Melbourne, 3002
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.814026
Long: 144.983165
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Actual Event Start Date:20-November-1864
Actual Event End Date:20-November-1964


Approx. Monument Dedication Date:November-1964
Front Inscription

Across both panels :

Incumbents of this Parish     Since its inception in 1863

[ Dates & Names ]                 [ Dates & Names ]

Plaque :

To the glory of God

These panels were placed here by the Parishioners as an act of thanksgiving upon the occasion of the Centenary of Holy Trinity Church East Melbourne

November 1964


Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au