www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Pioneers of McLaren ValePrint Page Print this page

29-March-2021
29-March-2021

Photographs supplied by Stephen Warren

The plaque commemorates the religious pioneers of McLaren Vale who held the first church service in 1840, erected the first chapel in 1844 and built the first church in 1861. 

 

 

 

Location

Address:135 Main Road, McLaren Vale, 5171
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.218711
Long: 138.543338
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:
Actual Event End Date:

Dedication

Front Inscription

To honour the memory of the pioneers of McLaren Vale who with dauntless faith held the first church service in the open air in 1840

Erected the first chapel in 1844 and built this, the first church in 1891

This plaque was erected in 1944 by present and former worshippers of the McLaren Vale Congregational Church

"The things which are not seen are eternal"

 

 

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design