St John`s Lutheran & Salem Lutheran ChurchesPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Maureen Aquila

The cairn commemorates St John`s Lutheran and later Salem Lutheran Churches which functioned from 1885 to 1966.

In 1959 the two Lutheran congregations in Robertstown, Zion and St. John’s, amalgamated. The decision was made at a special meeting held on 3 August 1959 after the Zion pastor accepted a call to Canberrra. The amalgamation occurred officially on the 4th of February 1960 and the new congregation became known as Salem.

Zion church became a hall building, while St. John’s became the worship centre for the new congregation.


Address:Black Springs Road, Robertstown Cemetery, Robertstown, 5381
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.985595
Long: 139.0759226
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Actual Event Start Date:
Approx. Event Start Date:1885
Actual Event End Date:
Approx. Event End Date:1966


Front Inscription

This cairn is erected to the glory of God

And in memory of

The St John`s Lutheran Church Robertstown
1885 - 1960

Later Salem Lutheran Church. 1960 - 1966

Demolished in 1981

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au